The past six months have impacted every aspect of our lives and every level of our organization. But despite the many challenges associated with the pandemic and current social unrest, we remain full of hope. We invite you to join us in celebrating a few bright spots of HOPE:
- We have served over 80 clients in our Ready4Work-Light program, helping some of the most vulnerable in our community navigate reentry and overcome the multitude of barriers they face as they seek employment.
- We continue to connect clients with living-wage work with our dedicated Employment Partners.
- Our staff has remained true to our mission, working remotely until returning to the office on June 2, 2020. We are happy to report that by following CDC guidelines all staff members have remained healthy and well. For this we are so very thankful.
- We reopened our Ready4Work – St. Johns County program location at the end of June and are again providing a valuable community resource.
- And we have strengthened our Board of Directors, most recently adding 5 new members – Charlotte Smith, Allison DeFoor, Coley Jones, Tara Wildes and Monte Richardson. Click here to read their bios.
We are so thankful to each of you that have generously donated and continue to believe in our mission! HOPE.STARTS.HERE.
Rethreaded is Helping Keep Operation New Hope & Community Safe
Wearing a mask is one of many ways to help stop the spread of COVID-19. And since returning to the office on June 2, 2020, our team has become comfortable wearing masks daily at Operation New Hope in an effort to keep our staff, clients, and the greater community safe.
We are so excited about the new masks we just received from Rethreaded! Not only are these comfortable cotton masks made locally by one of our favorite nonprofit partners, but each mask purchase helps provide impactful work for a survivor of human trafficking in Jacksonville, Florida.
Plus, the brand new Rethreaded T-shirt Cotton Mask has a Safety Flap for certain activities. It slides open easily to insert a straw if you’d like to take a drink, play an instrument, or have a quick snack!
At Operation New Hope, we wear our masks to protect others, which helps us feel an even deeper connection to each other and to our community. We are hopeful that if we each do our part and wear masks daily, we can help stop the spread of COVID. Hope.Starts.Here.
Both Operation New Hope and Rethreaded remain committed to serving the community by offering opportunities to connect people in need with meaningful, living wage work. We extend a big thanks to Rethreaded for their partnership and commitment to our community’s improvement, safety and well-being. Order your Rethreaded masks today : https://www.rethreaded.com/products/musiciansmask
At Operation New Hope, we believe that we are all better than our worse mistake, worst day, or worst decision. We believe in people’s ability to transform their lives through commitment and hard work. We see it every day as we support our clients’ reentry and growth.
With the skills learned and confidence gained from our Ready4Release and Ready4Work programs, our graduates go on to become productive community members and build successful careers earning living wages. These are their stories of transformation, success and hope!
Check out our two most recent stories of success – Aaron and William!
To read more Voices of Hope stories – check out our new webpage:
Wishing you and your loved ones health and well-being now and always!