It's no longer one day. It's now day one.
Operation New Hope, with generous support from Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q and in partnership with the University of North Florida (UNF), is pleased to offer the Bono's Hope Scholarship to qualifying [Ready4Work] Graduates wishing to obtain higher education.
Josh Martino, President of Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q, Board Member of Operation New Hope, and member of the UNF Student Affairs Community Council, generously committed $10,000 over the next 4 years to help [Ready4Work] graduates obtain a college degree at the University of North Florida.
“I believe we are all better than our worst mistake, worst day, or worst decision,” said Martino. “I believe in second, third, and forth chances. I believe in the underdog and the comeback story. If I can play even a small role in affecting that change, that chance, that hope, then I will be the grateful one for the opportunity to help.”
Who is eligible for the scholarship? Applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted by the University of North Florida
- meet Florida residency requirements for tuition
- have an incoming GPA of 2.5
- successfully completed all [Ready4Work] program requirements
- enroll as a part-time or full-time undergraduate student with at least 3 credit hours in the Fall semester and 3 credit hours in the Spring semester.
What should [Ready4Work] graduates do if they want to apply? Interested applicants must:
- Download and submit a Bono’s Hope Scholarship Eligibility Application to Operation New Hope for consideration.
- In addition to completing the application, applicants must attach a written statement describing educational goals, including:
- Why do you want to enroll at UNF?
- How has Ready4Work impacted your life?
- How does this scholarship support your future career plans?